Tribal Youth Program grants are awarded by OJJDP to federally recognized tribes to develop and implement culturally sensitive programs in the five following categories:
- prevention services to impact risk factors for delinquency
- interventions for court-involved youth
- improvements to the juvenile justice system
- alcohol and substance abuse prevention programs
- mental health program services
Tribal Juvenile Accountability Discretionary Grants are awarded by OJJDP to federally recognized tribes to develop and implement programs that will hold tribal youth accountable for their delinquent behavior and that will strengthen their tribal juvenile justice systems.
For more information about these and other OJJDP tribal programs, visit: http://www.ojjdp.gov/programs/ProgSummary.asp?pi=52&ti=&si=&kw=&PreviousPage=ProgResults
OJJDP offers all grantees and federally recognized tribes training and technical assistance (T/TA) to facilitate program planning, enhancement, implementation, and evaluation around juvenile tribal detention centers and juvenile justice services.